Thanks for stopping by and visiting my page!
?

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Me + The Road = A DANGEROUS Thing!

Growing up, I never really thought about driving and cars and all that. It was what it was, whateva. That all changed when I rode in the car for the first time with my stepmom. I never really seen road rage until that day and I think that was the day I became nervous about driving. I mean, I remember thinking to myself "If there are people this crazy on the road then I don't want to be on the other side." And so started my campaign against driving. Only it didn't last that long because, well let's face it, Atlanta- Charlotte is not- and public transportation in the area where we lived was practically nonexistent. Dad started teaching me and my sis the basics and I barely grasped those techniques. I hit the wrong pedal and pratically mowed down the silver fence. That pretty much describes my driving experience.

After a driver's ed course in high school and getting further tutorial when I was 19, I felt comfortable enough to drive. My first car was a silver 02 ford focus I named Trixie. Driving her off the lot was absolutely ORGASMIC and I fell in love for the first time. Too bad the love didn't last long. 6 long months and we got in our first accident. Slow ass minivan. The hood got scrunched up and I lost a hubcap. A couple of weeks later someone pulled a hit and run on us. A month after our 1 year anniversary, her aunt (my sister) total lossed our love. I was in mourning. I LOVED her! Wild cherry seat covers and all.

Now it's me and Jackie- my 05 white dodge stratus. My sister jokes that I can drive her better than Trixie and she may be right. Oh we talk shit on the road like we're perfect. Honestly we're from it. I can't back into a parking spot worth crap. Hell, I can barely pull into a parking spot! The other day I get off of work and there is a little note on my windshield with two simple words- PARK MUCH? I laughed my ass off. However I land is how I park. Everybody in my circle knows that. We don't ask Chelle to do fancy things like parallel park and switch lanes unexpectedly. We tell her about turns well ahead of time and don't put her on highways.

MY DRIVING GOALS FOR YEAR 2010:

  • BACK INTO A SPOT AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK


  • LEARN HOW TO PARALLEL PARK


  • TAKE A ROAD TRIP TO MD/DE

It's a short list of goals because I'm not that ambitious! lol

LOVES AND LIKES YA!

2 comments:

Miss♥K said...

wow- hilarious! lol PARK MUCH- girl yes imma need you to get it togetha for 2010! lol

Ms. ChelleBell said...

I know right! It's a damn shame. And it was a GUEST who left that note. But I'ma step it up, I promise