Thanks for stopping by and visiting my page!
?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First Quarter: Catching the Train outta Charlotte

I woke up late- like 45 mins late! It felt like the scene from Home Alone. You know the one- where homegirl wakes up and she's all like "WE OVERSLEPT!" and cue the fast music and people running around fast forwarded. Well that's how it was for me. I got there with like 15/20 minutes to spare but not early enough to get my 2 big ass, heavy ass bags checked on my train. Instead, they were put on the next train that wasn't scheduled to arrive until 7pm the next day *aargh* but I didn't care all that much. I was just glad to be on that train. Besides, having my bags delayed meant I get to go shopping! Not that I need a reason too, but anywhooo....

The person who was sitting next to was cool. She was a middle aged woman heading to Philly and had to work once she got off the train. BUMMER. I got cozied in with my book (Dirty Red by Vickie Stringer. VEEEERY good read btw) my water and my iPod and I was good to go. Somewhere, I think it was Concord, we picked up some people who sat in front of us. An old white couple. This dude just lets his seat back without checking with anyone, and crushes homegirl's kneecaps! She's all Philly like-right?- so she bassed up on him like "You gonna have to let this seat up, I have arthritis in my knees." then she looks at me like "You believe this honkey?" I gave her a look back "Well, YOU know..."  With me sitting on the aisle, and her having to get up for smoke breaks and to walk out her joints, we traded seats. Because we all know that I'm a lazy ass and I don't have to get up to walk nor work NOTHING out!

I finish the rest of Dirty Red and starts on the sequel, Still Dirty (another veeeery good book!) and decided I should eat lunch. I munched on my Jersey Mike's Sub and Cheddar flavored Pringles and afterwards I opened the computer up and decided to play a couple of games since I couldn't get on the internet (duh, right?) Well ol'buddy, I guess, notices that we switched seats. He lets his seat back ALL ON MY LAPTOP! WTF?? I try to get his attention and tap on his shoulder but he's acting like he ain't heard or felt nothing. I should've bassed up on him like homegirl but noooo, I had to use manners. I finally get his attention and he lets the seat back up (sonovabitch) and I play all the downloaded games on the PC. I watch Katt Williams The Pimp Chronicles. I finish reading Still Dirty (I KNOW the author is working on the 3rd one- the way how the book ended...) I snack on a lemon pie and drink another bottle of water. I listen to the Pod and watched some videos on there. I am BORED. Outta my mind. Darryl is cracking up because he's sending me texts and all my responses are filled with CAPITALIZED LETTERS and !!!!!!!!.  and all his responses are LOL and LMAO. Tried to go to sleep, because I'm like the knockout queen, but I coudn't on that damn train. The most I slept was like 20 mins tops. Yeah. I got there though and got to see my grandma's smiling face. Feels like home already....

Stay in tune for the 2nd quarter: Down in Dover and Never Forgetting New Jersey

Loves and Likes Ya

0 comments: