Thanks for stopping by and visiting my page!
?

Sunday, August 15, 2010

You Like HIM?!?!

My tastes for the opposite sex has always been...what's the right word I'm looking for? Kinda quirky. The guys I tend to go after aren't quite conventionally sexy. Don't take that to mean that I go out with straight up ugg-muggs, on the contrary, the guys are cute. Just not- stab-yo-bestie-run-over-yo-sista-gotta-havea-needa-wanta-have him sexy. Lmao, I'm so crazy, smh.

So the above statement was made by Carmen when we were talking about a guest. No ,not my Paul from NY, (just know that we went out for drinks and smooched some but we still remain flirtatious, nothing serious) but a handsome deep chocolate brother with a simple Ralph Lauren style.

"Yeah. He's sexy"
"Hmmm."
"Okay, well cute?"
"Hmm. Alright."
"Well, he's fine to me. I know my tastes are different from most so..."
Something about a seriously groomed guy freaks me out a little. Probably because I'm pretty low maintenance (although some people will disagree- for the sake of the argument, we will ignore said people), a guy who is high maintenance drives me crazy. Instead weird things attract me. Strong forearms, muscular back, agile looking fingers *pause* and I wasn't really aware just how sexually oriented my list of attractions were. Damn Shame.

Anyway, I'm not obsessed with guys in name-brand fashions and ice cream paint job whips likes Shay. I'm not looking for the most gully gangsta from Brooklyn like Carmen. Pretty boys don't excite me as much as they do Shara. And yes it's nice to have smarts but I can't handle it like Anjail, if a guy is too damn smart- he'll just give me a headache after a while. Instead, it's the guys with the smart ass mouth and adventurous personality that gets my attention.

That's how I got with George- without a doubt the most facially challenged guy I ever went out with. We can go back and forth all day long and twice on Sunday and neither one of us will be bothered in the least bit. He had an extremely smart mouth, and I loved it. The cheating on me bit I could've done without.

Sauce was the most fun, between air hockey matches and arcades and just chilling with one another, it was good times all around. Definitely spontaneous. As a matter of fact, I remember this one time when I wanted to introduce him to my coworkers/friends. He was supposed to be meeting all of us at the job and afterward we were gonna go over my girl's place. Now mind you, we weren't all in our after 5 wear, but having Sauce show up in some jeans and a raggedy shirt-excuse me while I get myself together- that had a picture of a man's tight jeans with a pack of Lance crackers peeking out the back pocket with the accompanying words; "I've got Lance in my pants!" That was PRICELESS! It was too funny for me to get as righteously mad as I wanted to get. I remember I just kept shaking my head and saying stuff like- "Out of all the clothes you have in your closet, you had to pick the one that said you had LANCE in your PANTS?!?"

D was my "conventionally sexy" boyfriend. Tall, dark, and handsome with that football built. Niiice. But...it was just lacking. Just as sweet as he wanted be, but I was a little too much for him. Personality wise. He thought I was just being mean until he went with me to visit my family up north. Then he realized that I came from a long line of smart-asses and tried to accept me for who I am. Noticed I said, TRIED, we tried twice. No love. Keeping up was hard for him to do *shrugs shoulders*

That was just the boyfriends. The guys I talk to that I find attractive, more often than not get the, "Eh-well-he's kinda cute" treatment from my friends, but I don't care.

Loves and Likes ya=> and I know what I like ;p

0 comments: