Thanks for stopping by and visiting my page!
?

Sunday, April 4, 2010

How You Can Lose A Friend

This topic had been on my mind since I wrote y'all about me and Anjail cyberstalking E.G.F. (BTW: They checked out of the hotel at the end of February and are in LA now, getting their contracts and things in order. I wish them soo much luck!) I'm pretty sure y'all ain't on stalker status, but remember when I told y'all sbout me being snowed in and how something else happened? Well this is it, and it took me a hot lil minute to think of what I should call it but after a conversation with my Grandma, I decided to name it How You Can Lose A Friend- seeing as how APPROPRIATE it is.

My girl Shay. *shakes head and sighs* Is in love. Not that "Will and Jada" love. More like that "Jody and Yvette" love. Well hell- not even that. She's in that "stupid love" where all logical reasoning goes out the window. We're talking about a girl who has sooo much common sense coupled with a good amount of book smarts. And she just can't let it go. THAT kind of love? I just can't want y'all.

She's been with this guy for like 5 or 6 years. She's the father of her only son, who's 4. His career isn't all the way legal, but he's kept up a lifestyle that she's grown accustomed to. He's good looking- can be sexy if you like the tall dread-head look. Eh- he ain't got enough meat on his bones for me though. But he's a ho y'all. Like STRAIGHT UP. He has at least 3 kids outside of their relationship. He's cheated on her with numerous friends and cousins and...there's suspicion that he also cheated on her with her twin sister. I'll pause while you digest that tidbit.

So, on the phone with Grandma- she asked me how her other granddaughter was doing. At that time she (Shay) was going through some things with the boyfriend and I told Grandma about it. That's when she told me:

"I know her relationship is bad, but don't you say anything about it. You listen when she talks to you- but don't give her any advice. The quickest way to lose a girlfriend is talking about her relationship, because at the end- you guys won't be talking but she'll still be with that no-good man."
Sad but true. I've never really said anything about her relationship anyways because I know she gets it enough from our honorary mother Trina. But soo many emotions go through me when she tells me about the next thing he did. It's like I'm mad at him, mad at her, sad for her...chile *rolls eyes* She's a good person and she continues to let this guy walk over her time and time and time again. I don't get it. Maybe because I've never been in love. Or maybe because I've never seen any female in my family be stupid in love like that. Either way, it's not a good look.

So now she's moved out from the house. Got her own lil place and getting her Miss Independent on. I was proud of her. At first. Then I found out that she told him he has 6 months to get his stuff together. REALLY?!?!? He's had 6 YEARS to get his shit together. The guy is pushin 30. If he ain't worked it out by now? It ain't gonna get worked out boo-boo! Leopards don't change their spots and he ain't gon' change his cheating ways. Now how can I tell her all of that and still keep our friendship? Yea, thought so!

Loves and Likes Ya

0 comments: