Thanks for stopping by and visiting my page!
?

Friday, April 9, 2010

Feeling Sorry for the Fellas... Keep It 100!

Yea. I said it. I feel sorry for them sometimes. It's almost sad the way they're so OBLIVIOUS to what girls are thinking and wanting from them. What bought this thought on? My sister and her on/off boyfriend. *smh*

Riding in the car and hearing her express all the thoughts about him that she can't seem to tell him, I couldn't help but to think- Poor Seth. Do you realize that every word you say- or don't say is analyzed like a clue on CSI? Like, REALLY! And for most guys, it's the exact same for them. It would help if us women just tell the guys straight up what's what. But instead we second guess ourselves, gathering information from friends and family who aren't even qualified to give advice, just to give a half-ass attempt to communicate. I'm calling BS on the whole process! I am! Why can't you just tell a guy what's up? So what's a lil embarassment between homies/lovers/friends? At least everything is out in the open.

I chose this approach when I first asked Sauce to become my FB. Yeah- that's right- I asked HIM. The way how things were working out with the non-existent guys in my life (ok- the guys may be there but the way how I feel, they may as well not be) I knew I needed to get some release SOMEHOW. Sauce and I were hanging out a lil more often and although he played the cool friend- he's still a guy. And guys like ass. Hell, I like ass.So I put myself out there- potential embarassment and all- and a FB union was formed.

However, I didn't use the same open approach with Ced. After all the bad dates and study sessions, I just started ignoring his calls and texts instead of telling him. Today I got the most pitiful text from him.

hey what's up chelle guess u ain't pick up my phone calls was it something i did or said well its been real preciate it
Ain't hardly nothin bout that message grammatically correct. I mean, dang, can a girl get a comma, period, question mark or something? Jeez Louise! Sorry. Back to the subject at hand. It wasn't until I got this message (in the morning- while in the company of Sauce nonetheless) that I realized that MAYBE *pause* I handled the whole thing wrong with him. I mean, I try to keep it 100 with any guy I talk to- regardless of feelings- just because I want them to be the same with me. So me ignoring his calls/texts- makes me no better than Jay (can I get a moment of silence for the fineness that was Jay? **WHOOOOO** lmao) who started ignoring my texts after what I thought was a cool date or two. Even though I'm PRETTY damn sure the reason why I didn't hear back from him was because I denied him a taste of my honeybun. Hell, I didn't even nibble on his Snickers. Come to think of it- why didn't I? He was SEXXXY y'all! LOL. Bring me back chile, bring me back! LMAO

So at first I read his lil text, rolled my eyes, and threw my phone back in my purse. Then I started thinking- shouldn't I answer? Let him know why I don't really feel the need to be in his company any longer? Then I imagined all the back and forth that may involve. (Damn, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. D really used to kill me with that talking in circles thing) Then I started thinking- well hell. He said "preciate it" didn't he? That implies some air of finalization on the topic, doesn't it? And that was that. Until the pitiful text message popped into my head again.

It takes balls to just put yourself out there like that. Ladies and/or Gents - how many times have you sent a text like that? Grasping for a hope that maybe you can salvage a spark you felt was there. Hell, I know I have! So don't front like you don't know what I'm talking about. He deserves an answer. No matter what feelings may get hurt or how long the back and forth may be. Bump that. There will be NO back and forth. I'll say my peace and that's that. Keep it 100- right?


Loves and Likes Ya => even if you keep it 100. lol

0 comments: