Thanks for stopping by and visiting my page!
?

Saturday, January 9, 2010

No Good!

So my bestie Terry calls me. We've been friends since junior year of high school when we both bonded over the fact that we were different from other "IB Kids" (In case you don't know what IB is- it stands for International Baccalaurate and is basically a step up from AP courses) So anyways, Terry is gay (oops, I just outed him) and he always fell for the straight guys. I'm talkin bout straight-up straight guys. Because of this, I'm not surprised to hear:

"Chelle, help. I fell in love with a straight guy"
Terry and I can go weeks and months between talking to each other (He's bad about calling people and returning phone calls, and I'm 10x worse! Ask anyone) But I knew the guy he was talking about. Why? Because when he first told me that him and home-boy hung out (Terry isn't what you would call a flamer. He's one of those kinds that you may suspect but don't want to say anything just in case you're wrong) he told me about how funny, smart, and cute he was but he doesn't feel anything for him which is good since he's straight. I told him he didn't feel anything yet, but he wasn't tryna hear that. But here we are. Me, on the bed, one hand holding the phone and the other petting Kaycee. And him, outside in the cold, walking his dog and venting his feelings.

Why do we want things we can't (or shouldn't) have? It makes no sense the kind of torture we subject ourselves to. And I can't talk about Terry because boy have I been there! Thomas, Jay, Austin, Chris- nan one of em good for anything but ONE thing. Every one of them had me on the phone with Terry like:
"He's a no good jiggaboo. Why am I wasting my time? Tell me I'm wasting my time!"

Lol. Sad but true. Is it time for a list??

Things To Do To Occupy Your Mind So You Won't Think Of The Guy Who Is No Good For You:

  1. Reading a Book (one with a lot of drama)


  2. Watching a Lifetime Movie Marathon ( make sure its the movies where the men are the bad guys. to remind you that you can't want that)


  3. Shopping (trying on clothes and shoes can lift anyone's spirit)


  4. Hanging Out With Friends (preferbly a friend who has more man issues than you)


  5. Sleeping (what can I say? i love to sleep!)

2 comments:

Miss♥K said...

I've tried the things on your list- its still difficult though to keep my mind off him. I gave in recently and saw him- and ugh he irritated me badly - why am I wasting my time I keep asking- I told him we can't see each other anymore-- I plan on sticking my ground this time- (fingers crossed)

Ms. ChelleBell said...

Girl, I'm crossing my fingers right along with you! I know how it is...power to ya