Thanks for stopping by and visiting my page!
?

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Celebration and A Tragedy PT I

     Carmen celebrated her last day of radiation therapy Thursday before last with a shindig at The Sandtrap. She did it up with a long jet black wig, silver lipstick to match her silver shirt and shoes, and a mole colored on the upper left side of her lip. Me, Shara, David, Jamie, Dre, and Carmen's man Bruchon were all there helping her celebrate with rounds of Apple Pie shots and playing pool and darts. After 2 shots of Apple Pie and 3 shots of Pixie Stixx, I summoned up enough courage to do karaoke to Naughty Girl by Beyonce and dedicate the performance to Carmen. We all had fun. Shara and I with our seemingly never ending game of pool (since neither one of us can be qualified as pool sharks, we were ridiculousy taunted by the others saying, "is this STILL the same game?") Carmen, Dre, David and Jamie were playing darts, and Bruchon stayed mute while watching the game on the big screen.
     We took the festivities outside and tried to play cornhole. That game is SOOO not the business. But I know I'm biased since I can't play the game worth-a-shit. We went back inside to dance to some of the music from the funky fresh DJ and encourage the other people doing karaoke. I went back up to the stage for round 2, dragging Shara with me so she can accompany. I told the overweight, bald, biker looking, white guy that I wanted to sing Fergalicious. He rolls his eyes and say, "OmiGOD!" "What?" I ask him, thinking that he was making fun of my selection. "That's only my most FAVORITE song!" He exclaimed. I still thought he was making fun of me, until the beat came on and he transformed into Will.I.Am.  TOO. FUNNY. He was rocking it y'all! We all danced, and danced, and DANCED! I woke up the next morning, thighs feeling stronger than a mug- heels are so not the business. I say the funniest part of the night was when Carmen was backing it up on Jamie. Somehow Jamie lost his balance, going down to the ground with Carmen following. Do you know this chick had a beer bottle in each hand and didn't spill a single sip as she proceeded to fall on her ass. ONE BEER BOTTLE IN EACH HAND and she DID NOT spill a SINGLE SIP! We had a great time for sure. I would've never guessed that the very next week, we would be crying instead of dancing...

0 comments: